So I was down in London for Christmas with a friend and we started to reminisce about our favourite New Zealand lunchbox snacks growing up. After an alcohol induced nostalgia trip, we concluded that included in the top 5, was definitely LCM bars. Basically these are just Rice Krispie treats, but to us they are school lunches in a nutshell.
It turns out that ‘LCM’ doesn’t actually stand for anything, Kellogg’s just decided to let people come up with their own idea of its meaning.
These are so simple and easy to make, and they don’t require any time in the oven!.
Rice Krispie Treats (LCMs)
2 1/2 Cups Rice Bubbles
1/4 Cup Hundred and Thousand Sprinkles
2 Cups Mini Marshmallows
125g Unsalted Butter, melted
- Grease and line with baking paper, a 20cm x 20cm high-sided baking tray.
- In a bowl, combine the rice bubbles and the hundreds and thousands.
- In a seperate microwave safe bowl, combine the marshmallows and butter and microwave until marshmallows melt. If the butter and marshmallows have separated, whisk into a smooth consistency.
- Add the marshmallows to the rice bubbles, fold until incorporated, transfer to prepared tray.
- Flatten with the back of a metal spoon, if sticking, wet the spoon first. Do not use a wooden spoon as the marshmallow will stick.
- Refrigerate until set and cut into desired sizes.